Monday, April 11, 2011

Mystery Awards

Library Journal informed me that April hosts two major mystery book awards. The Mystery Writers of America sponsor the Edgar Awards and Malice Domestic sponsors the Agatha Award. If you are a mystery reader, you've probably heard of these awards, and probably read most of the nominated titles.

According to their sites, the Edgar Award is awarded to the best fiction, non-fiction and television mystery, crime, suspense and intrigue works. Named after Agatha Christie, the Agatha Awards honor the best "traditional" mystery in a variety of categories.

Here are the nominees for the Edgar Award, Best Novel:

Caught by Harlan Coben
Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin
Faithful Place by Tana French
The Queen of Patpong by Timothy Hallinan
The Lock Artist by Steve Hamilton
I’d Know You Anywhere by Laura Lippman

Here are the nominees for the Agatha Award, Best Novel:

Stork Raving Mad by Donna Andrews
Bury Your Dead by Louise Penny
The Scent of Rain and Lightning by Nancy Pickard
Drive Time by Hank Phillippi Ryan
Truly, Madly by Heather Webber



Have you read these titles? What do you think? Care to predict a winner? Let us know your thoughts!

Note: Hyperlinks bring you to the library catalog so you can place a hold if you'd like!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I have not read a single one of these. I guess I have some catching up to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nor have I, I'm a bit ashamed to say! Mystery isn't my favorite genre, but I will read some of these books. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete